• Welcome to Windictus, the Vindictus experience you've been waiting for.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Feedback My feedback as a new player to Vindictus
Thread Modes
So im playing Vindicuts for the first time on this private server and I have a played a lot of mmorpgs, official, private server and even self hosted servers.

So I know very well what is required to keep players interested, stick around, donate etc.

With that being said I will state my experience on this server so far. I have completed S1 story and doing S2 right now, did a couple of raids with people not sure if it was S2 or S3. My first issue: this game has a gazillion items, OMG my inventory is constantly full and I cannot be bothered to check online to see if i need these items or not. It might be a lot of work but maybe remove low level crafting mats from drop lists.

Next: its good to have free items that help me through my leveling journey but I dislike the timed gear which will expire. It really hurts when you "lose" stats in any game. Sure I read the beginner guide to see how to replace those expirable items, some are easy to acquire and others i think will take considerable effort (Im still not sure because i haven't experienced the game enough yet).

I can understand every game needs a certain amount of grind but why start that before we even get to our final gear. The gear grind should be left for the last tier gear. So my suggestion here is to give more enhanced version of weapon and armor at level 85 and 90 like +15 or higher if you are feeling generous. This will help everyone actively participate in the S3 content and also not have to grind for enhancing up to +15+. They can then focus on the final gear which you can keep it the way it is however i suggest maybe improving the success rate but definitely removing the negative -1 penalty from +10 to +15 so we dont have to get those runes which already remove all penalties as i believe the daily/seal tickets for those are kind of grindy even if you can do it on alt characters.

Speaking of alts, they should never be a means to improve the main. Me especially I like to play all characters/classes so I will have a good time if they were just as easy to gear up as the main, for me all classes are main. If you wanted people to have something to do, make it easier to gear up and max enhance then they will focus on playing all the classes. This automatically gives them a reason to stay and in fact even donate since they not only improved their main class but it gave them a reason to play all classes and become good with them as it adds variance and different styles and motivation to know how to play all classes effectively. Just an example: if it takes 3-6 months to completely max out 1 class, do you think people will bother with more classes ? But lets say it took 1-2 months to max out a class, i would definitely invest my time to play all the other classes. Now just multiply 1-2 months with the number of classes and you got a high chance of commitment from player who are willing to stay for up to 1 year or more. 1 Year is honestly the most you can expect from people, there is plenty of games, this is reality, have to accept the way it is but look on the bright side, easier and happy experience in a game leads to more players simple as that.

I quit games when i get completely de-motivated to continue, this automatically makes me not bother with other classes because i know i will reach the same point which made me quit my main in the first place. You need to cater to all types of players: casual, dedicated and hardcore. Hardcore ones will stay very long and donate but they are very few. Dedicated ones like me which makes the most of the player population want to experience the game as much as possible to gear up to as high as possible. Dedicated players obviously have played a lot of games and it doesnt take a genius to figure out 'what is wrong with all the mmorpgs out there'. We have experience so when we share our thoughts and suggestions it comes from years of experience playing other games. Consider this as healthy and valid opinions. Im not saying you are not experienced or anything but when i was GM in other games i never 'played like a player' so i wouldn't understand the pain it causes when you have to grind for something.

Your current setup is good for end game grind but this only works with a healthy population. People or atleast me come to have a good time. Grinding is never a good time but it is part of game, so make a healthy grind not a soul sucking one.

Besides all that I am thankful for this free game and all in all it is still a good private server compared to really ridiculous ones that I have seen in other private server games where the owners have no idea what they are doing.

Just my 2 cents and im still staying not done yet Big Grin

Thank you for the very comprehensive feedback.
I'll definitely take it into consideration in the next balancing patch.

Well i hope you make this server better but sadly i lost the motivation to upgrade my gear past +10 im sure you know why, everyone knows why, no need to explain.

What I do want to say is Thank You, I had great month and a half here, met good people, did a lot of group content, made a lot of gold, even bought Crimson Tokens from donators, got end game gear with full orange weapon on two characters.

Im gonna take a break now, i really hope you relax the process to +15 atleast because i never felt strong enough or contributed enough in the group fights and that really is a bummer.

Its not like enhancing gear is the only thing to do here, you still need to farm orange main parts and fragments, scrolls, the blessed elixir mats (rng of applying scrolls), plenty mind numbing farming for elixir (red shit anyone ? Tongue), paradise stones, epic and prime runes etc so I don't get why letting us get half way strong easily to give us motivation to continue is a big deal.

Anyways peace, i got my own delia server to play on where i can give myself everything for free lol.