• Welcome to Windictus, the Vindictus experience you've been waiting for.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Game unplayably laggy in "local" co-op
Thread Modes
Windictus runs fine in single-player.  However, when played in two-player co-op -- with both PC's in the same room, and running through the same router -- the game lags worse than when relayed via a VPN!  That is to say, it's literally unplayable: with actual seconds of lag... Not even basic inputs register properly, and characters teleport about spasmodically.

Now, we're trying to play from AU region -- I don't know whether this has anything to do with the latency... However, we do have official Vindictus accounts, and said game plays perfectly fine (*there might be lag when in a full boat, led by distant host -- irrespective, the latency are still manageable, and the game is still 'playable').  Is Windictus a peer-2-peer game, when in-game?  Or does it relay every input / on-screen action through its server -- i.e., distance will increase lag exponentially and unavoidably...?

tl;dr:
Can this game be played without lag / with manageable lag, if played in the above configuration -- x2 players in same location, but away from the actual server location?  Or is Windictus effectively single-player-only game--if not played close/r to the game's server?  Which, I assume, is in the U.S. (...?)

Sidebar: Is it possible to play Windictus in a local or LAN configuration?  I have seen that playing [Vindictus] through LAN is indeed possible... However, the process is convoluted, requires many third-party programs (SQL server etc.) and few, if any, of the so-called "tutorials" are even remotely user-friendly... Nowhere near as easy to accomplish as running, say, the Mercenaries 2 server emulator was / is  Sleepy

Okay. So, I localised this problem by using a different PC combination, and it turns out the lag is specific to mine and friend's PC (as distinct from my own two PC's). I guess, this means there's something on the my co-op partner's PC side that's causing the latency bottleneck... right?

Anyone have any ideas (besides the obvious "turn off anti-virus" and "let all the Windictus EXE's through firewall") ideas...?

Try giving the (not yet released) beta version of the launcher a go (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...dictus.exe)

Also try disabling Nagle's Algorithm (https://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/di...windows-10)