Windictus — A Vindictus private server

Full Version: -no sound command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi for everybody,

First of all i want to say big thanks to admins for this privte server, it's very nice to get back at Vindictus. I was one of the beta players of vindictus witch country was later IP banned after the merge of EU and US servers.

Before Nexon updated theyr launcher in 2016, there was a possibility do disable all in game sound via Launcher adding in properties command -nosound, i was wondering if this command can be accesed here as well? Disabling fully sound in vindictus improoves fps raitings and in game stutters.
Welcome back! I'm glad you like the server Smile

Interesting idea, I didn't know it improved performance.
I'll add an option for that in the launcher.
Just try to test it for yourself, basicly it rids of those stutters, when you get a lag spike and hear the same sound multiple times. This game is on old engine and not optimized for nowadays pc - laptop, so a lot of CPU goes to sound effects, and by disabling them completely it helps to improve overall performance of the game.

p.s. disabling sound in game doesn't help, because the game still loads sound files which uses CPU.