Windictus — A Vindictus private server

Full Version: Very Inconsistent Connection between Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not really sure what's happening, but my friends and I are having a ton of issues as far as connection goes. Some runs the connection will be perfectly fine, others we'll get one bar with each other. This isn't happening just between me, but other people I am playing with as well. For example, we'll create a boat, and once we're on and we see a someone with a 1-Bar connection, we'll leave and create another one, but the next time, it will be different people having a poor connection to the host, despite it being the same host.

I highly doubt its our internet connections, because we live fairly close to each other, and we play other P2P connection games, such as fighting games, without any issue. Wondering if there is something that we're maybe missing in the settings that may be causing this problem.

EDIT: We have Multi-Processing turned off as well, it has nothing to do with that.
I am also encountering the same exact issue. I've tried putting my PC onto my routers DMZ network too and still have the same problem. Leaving a reply here in case there is a solution.
The pc (host) also affects your ping. If your buddy host on an toaster he cant handle all tje data from you guys that fast which throttles the whole connection and you get laggs even tho you might have an 1 gbit fiber up and download. Please check for that aswell and reply here if that might be the fault. Resolution aswell as effect details are the main culprit. Might be fine on your end but not on hosts end.
(12-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Scamazed Wrote: [ -> ]The pc (host) also affects your ping. If your buddy host on an toaster he cant handle all tje data from you guys that fast which throttles the whole connection and you get laggs even tho you might have an 1 gbit fiber up and download. Please check for that aswell and reply here if that might be the fault. Resolution aswell as effect details are the main culprit. Might be fine on your end but not on hosts end.

Nah, both of us have decently strong PCs, we both actually have 4790k CPUs and a 1080Ti's. We run this game both at 60 FPS as well. When you talk about resolution, are you talking about not having the same resolution, or having too high of a resolution where the game becomes hard to run? I'm pretty sure we're both at 1920x1080.
How many people are in the party when this happens?
Specifically, does it occur in parties of 2?
(12-31-2018, 01:15 AM)Gift Wrote: [ -> ]How many people are in the party when this happens?
Specifically, does it occur in parties of 2?

The number of people in the party doesn't seem to have much influence. We've had problems from 2-4 people, but normally we play in groups of 2 or 3. Some runs we'll be on the boat with a 4-5 bar connection between each other, with absolutely no problems. Other times, we'll get 1 bar and have it pretty much unplayable. This isn't like a sort of time-of-day issue either, it'll happen between runs like 5-10 minutes of each other.
I've looked into it and hopefully it'll be fixed in the next patch with a new version of our launcher.
Okay, thanks! :]
Can you guys try this new launcher (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...dictus.exe) and let me know how it goes?

Thank you.
(01-06-2019, 05:43 PM)Gift Wrote: [ -> ]Can you guys try this new launcher (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...dictus.exe) and let me know how it goes?

Thank you.

I'm having this issue with a friend of mine too. we both have decent connections and PCs and are living in the same area. it just shows 1 bar and is terrible for playing.

this new launcher you posted won't be accepted by my antivirus which hasn't happenned before and nor did it to the earlier launcher.